Monday, May 3, 2010

"Right, listen here, I got it...we'll take a really great looking Japanese car, change it till it looks like a pig's ass, put Dodge badges on it and call it the Stealth, people will flock to our showrooms. Success." Can you imagine this pitch at Chrysler back in 91 and then the other fool who actually green lighted the project?

The Mitsubishi 3000GT (GTO JDM) is still a fantastic looking car, a true Japanese Ferrari, especially in red. The first time I saw one I actually thought it was an Italian Stallion and my mind was blown when I realized it was a Mitsubishi. It has a design that will endure and inspire future generations of car enthusiasts and designers.

Fast forward 10 years and I'm living Stateside and I start seeing these certain ugly cars made by Dodge that look vaguely familiar. Then it hits me, like a Chrysler Group marketing man jumping off a building, somebody fucked up a 3000GT. 

I get infuriated when I see a Stealth on the road. Like when you see a beautiful building that has been tagged by graffiti and you just can't understand why someone would do such a thing to a piece of art.

And don't get me started on the fecking monkey who pitched the idea of the Eagle Talon...ahhhhhhh! What were they thinking back then, no wonder Chrysler got into such a mess.
They made it look like a Ford Probe or something else totally redundant
The wheels remind me of a washing machine, even this girl walking past is grossed out
"Yeah, and we'll put a boomerang shaped little spoiler on it..."
"And you know the way the 3000GT looks good from the front, well we'll make sure the Stealth doesn't."

This video is practically saying "An old car in a barn is more of a car than your brand new Dodge Stealth."

2 comments:

MK Fury said...

***Warning*** Absolutely inappropriate language and Themes Follow ***Warning****


What a piece of crap. Does that "spoiler" serve any real purpose?

The commercial said to me, "Son, I'm better than you. My car is way more awesome than yours. And your stepmother took a Kiegel vaginal exercise class that has me howling at the moon. Your mother knitted me potholders. Fuck off and grow a pair boy."

KCGAC said...

Exactly