Sunday, April 18, 2010

Rambler - "The Kenosha Cadillac"

I was on my way to Weston, about to head over the Broadway Bridge, when I saw this Rambler. I am far from an expert on older American cars, so out of curiosity I had to snap a few pictures to look it up when I got home. 

Turns out that what I spotted was a (or close to) a 1965 Rambler Classic 770 Convertible. You don't see many on the roads in and around KC making it something of a rarity. I imagine the owner was pretty pleased with himself driving this super cool car, the kind you could imagine Don Draper driving in Madmen.

When I googled the name of the car the first entry that turned up were the lyrics to a funny song about a Cadillac and a Nash Rambler. Which made me think of the video I shot here when I caught the Rambler further up the road. I listened to the song on Youtube and it was so bad that I can't post it here out of consideration for your ears. Look it up at your peril.



I love seeing cars like this being driven out on the road. They don't want to be kept in a garage under a cover, they want to breath air on the open road and show-off their stuff. So to you Mr. Rambler driver, I salute you. Happy Motoring.

No comments: